Congratulations! You are now officially engaged. However, even before you really start tying the knot, you still have quite a long way to go to make sure that everything is as smooth as can be during that big day of yours when you are ready to exchange your vows.
Here are 13 things that you have to do to plan the wedding of your dreams.
1. Make the big announcement. Planning your dream wedding will be a lot easier if you make the big announcement. They will simply be ecstatic for you and your fiancé and will be more than willing to help.
2. Get into a brainstorming session for ideas. Try to picture in your mind how your wedding day will look like. This is very important as it will give you an idea of what theme or concept you will have to stick to.
3. Set your budget. Its a shame to have very big dreams of a grand wedding yet neglect the budget. Remember that the wedding may be an important milestone in your life but so is the rest of your life as a couple.
4. Create your guest list. This primarily affects almost everything from the choice of venue, number of invitations, and even the catering. If you are working with a large budget then having a large guest list should not be a problem.
5. Identify your bridesmaids. Your bridesmaids are your leading ladies. They can also help you in the remainder of the planning phase of your wedding.
6. Choose your venue. Many couples want to be wed and have the reception at the same location. There are also those who choose to get married in a church then go somewhere else for the reception. The sooner you can make the decision, the sooner you can invite your guests.
7. Send out invitations. Get your leading ladies to help you with this and make it as fun as possible.
8. Choose the perfect wedding dress. Set up an appointment with a variety of bridal boutiques for your fitting sessions. Alternatively, if you want to have your very own wedding dress, make sure to have it well in advance so that repairs can still be made if it doesnt fit you correctly.
9. Consider the food. Will your wedding venue be responsible for the catering or will you have to get a caterer in? Will it be a set menu or a buffet?
10. Ponder about the flower and décor. Try getting your bridesmaids involved in this.
11. Dont forget the music. Make sure to book your DJ, a wedding singer, or even a band in advance.
12. Book a wedding photographer or videographer. Choose a wedding photographer that can produce the kind of photo style that is appropriate for your wedding theme. Research photographers well – there are so many styles and standards.
13. Set up an appointment with your beauty and hair stylist. Now is the perfect time to try on a variety of hairstyles and makeups. Choose one that you think will be ideal for you on your wedding day.
Planning your wedding is not that difficult. Trust your instincts, work within your budget, and have fun.